Why "YogaBack Your Posture"?
• Herniated Lumbar Disc • Low Back Pain • Sacroiliac Pain • Mid-Back Pain
• Upper Back/Neck Pain • Headaches • Round Back Posture • Round Shoulders
• Forward Head Posture • Impaired Diaphragmatic Breathing
• Loss of Lower Abdominal Muscle Tone • Loss of Pelvic Floor Muscle Tone
Forget about Lumbar Support...
"YogaBack Your Posture"
Only YogaBack fulfills the 4 fundamental requirements (B•E•S•T) for achieving your Optimal Core Posture-the key to enhancing your health, posture, performance, and appearance...while relieving your pain, tension, and fatigue.
Breathing - YogaBack promotes proper diaphragmatic breathing as opposed to unhealthy "upper chest" breathing.
Elongation - YogaBack elongates the spine, as opposed to lumbar support which compresses and shortens the spine.
Stability - YogaBack stabilizes the pelvis in its proper neutral position and stabilizes the rib cage in its proper elevated position... PLUS optimal co-activation of the diaphragm and deep lower abdominals (transversus abdominis) stabilizes the spine.
Tone - YogaBack promotes proper activation of the deep lower abdominals (transversus abdominis), resulting in a taut lower abdominal wall, as opposed to relaxing and overstretching the lower abdominal wall with lumbar support.
"Finally, an easy to use, effective back support..."
- Journal of Women's Health Physical Therapy - Dec. 2001
"... it's definitely an effective back support and makes driving very comfortable."
- Highways Magazine - Nov. 2005
"Truckers Make Their Choices Known. Top 20 Readers' Choice For Most Interesting Products Of 2005"
Readers #3 Choice...YogaBack For Driving. "YogaBack hit it big in February 2005 with its multi-adjustable dual back support system. The result is less stress to the back and neck with less fatigue from better breathing."
- Land Line Magazine - March / April 2006
"This is a product I found while doing research on lumbar support, and it has changed my quality of life." ... "I highly recommend this product for all drivers and office workers."
- Lissette Morales
Auto Driveaway Digest, Fall 2010
|Typical slumped driving posture||Distorted driving posture
with lumbar support
|YogaBack's Scientific Dual Back Support System|
"YogaBack Your Posture" & Drive Pain-Free!
If health professionals paid more attention to driving posture and the science of sitting, they would have fewer patients to treat for back pain. Instead, their "state of the art" advice to patients is: 1) Use a rolled towel or lumbar support in the lower back when driving, and 2) get out of the car and stretch after every 15-30 minutes of driving. This typical advice shows absolutely no understanding of the dynamics of driving posture and back pain, yet this advice comes at an hourly rate of at least $100 to $150!
What You Need to Know About Driving and Posture, Pain, & Safety
1) Most individuals are well aware of the results from conforming their bodies to car seats when commuting to work and traveling: low back pain, upper back and neck pain, headaches, and fatigue. These common health complaints develop from a slumped sitting posture that rounds the back and shoulders, restricts diaphragmatic breathing, and protrudes the lower abdomen.
What most individuals are not aware of is the major cause of these health complaints is the great disparity between their anatomy and the design of car backrests. As soon as one leans against the backrest, the trunk collapses due to inadequate support for the rib cage and pelvis.
2) People who drive cars are more than twice as likely to develop a herniated lumbar disc than people who do not drive cars (Kelsey & Hardy, American Journal of Epidemiology, 102:63-73, 1975).
3) The risk for developing a herniated lumbar disc is approximately twice as great for sitting while driving compared to prolonged sitting in an office chair (Kelsey & Hardy, 1975).
4) Low back pain is significantly related to time spent driving a car at work (Pietri et al., Scandinavian Journal of Work and Environmental Health, 18:52-58, 1992).
5) Days absent from work due to low back pain is 6 times higher for individuals driving more than 20 hours per week compared to individuals driving less than 10 hours per week (Porter & Gyi, Occupational Medicine, 52(1):4-12, 2002).
6) Driving a car is more detrimental than sitting (without driving) and standing postures with regard to low back pain (Porter & Gyi, 2002).
7) When commuting to work by car in the morning, the very fixed sitting posture of driving (typically with a round back, round shoulders, and forward head) becomes your ingrained movement pattern for sitting the rest of the day at your desk and computer.
8) A Slumped Driving Posture and Driving With Lumbar Support are both "passive" sitting postures
(see illustrations below). Using YogaBack for Driving results in an "Active-Alert" sitting posture that
promotes Safer Driving with:
• Improved field of vision from increased head rotation.
• Faster reaction times at the foot pedals and steering wheel from optimal trunk stabilization.
• Less pain and discomfort, thereby reducing driver distraction.
• Less fatigue due to optimal diaphragmatic breathing.
Click on any of the links below for articles on important driving and posture issues by Dennis Zacharkow, PT :
- Slumped Sitting Posture #1 Cause of Poor Standing Posture - New March 2013
- Risks of Driving with Forward - Sloping Seats - New March 2013
- 25 Tips for Pain-Free YogaBack Driving
Check out the detailed comparison below between YogaBack for Driving, Slumped Driving Posture, and Driving With Lumbar Support. For the fastest ordering, or any questions, call us at 1-800-SITTING (1-800-748-8464) and speak directly with physical therapist and YogaBack inventor Dennis Zacharkow. Dennis will answer your questions and take your order, or simply use the YogaBack for Driving order form to FAX or mail. (Sorry, no online ordering.)
Black and Taupe Fabric
FEATURES OF THE YOGABACK FOR DRIVING
Slim Profile so you won't be pushed forward on your seat.
No awkward attachment straps
Upholstery-grade Fabric Cover
Personalized fitting instructions included
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
FULL 1 YEAR WARRANTY
30 day return policy (See the YogaBack for Driving Order Form)
now for $69.95 plus $12.95 shipping and packing.
Experience YogaBack's Other Benefits...
Plus... bring your YogaBack when shopping for a new chair.
site contents are Copyright 2013
The YogaBack Company
P.O Box 9113, Rochester, MN 55903